The Sportfish Team Championship is an event for Teams of 6 anglers and attracts entries from all over the UK and Europe. If you want to compete, simply get a group of 6 friends together and apply for one of the 6 Heats across the UK – There are some places still available at some heats, check out the website below.
Teams will progress from their Regional Heats directly to the Grand Final, to be held this year at Rutland Water on 20th and 21st August 2016.
Sportfish Team Championship Grand Final
The 2016 Sportfish Team Championship Grand Final will be held at Rutland Water on 20th and 21st August 2016, with official practice on 19th August 2016. A total of 22 teams will compete at the Grand Final.
The Results So Far
Grafham Water was the first venue to hold a team heat this year with 14 teams fishing for 7 places at the Grand Final. With anglers from all over the UK manning 42 boats headed out onto an almost flat calm lake into blaring sunshine, the fishing was set to be tough indeed.
The competition saw 84 anglers catch 394 fish, producing a brilliant rod average of 4.69 whilst the average weight of the fish was 1lb 14oz.
Top rod : Craig Barr (Flash Attack Reservoir Dogs) 12 fish for 24lb 4oz
Best fish : Kieron Jenkins (Nymphomaniacs) 4lb 9oz
Top 7 qualifying teams :
1. Fulling Mill Nymphomaniacs | 36 fish | 74lb 10oz
2. Iain Barr FF Team Costa | 38 fish | 74lb 6oz
3. Rio Masters | 35 fish | 72lb 2oz
4. Flash Attack Reservoir Dogs | 36 fish | 70lb 14oz
5. Elinor | 33 fish | 68lb 9oz
6. The Renegades | 33 fish | 65lb 8oz
7. Greenwell Persuaders | 29 fish | 56lb 3oz
8. RAF Fish Hawks | 30 fish | 55lb 14oz
9. Sonik Pitsford Pirates | 25 fish | 50lb 1oz
10. Fulling Mill Musketeers | 25 fish | 48lb 7oz
11. Rutland Water FF | 22 fish | 46lb 2oz
12. Bloody Butchers | 18 fish | 35lb 11oz
13. Fishbums | 17 fish | 34lb 3oz
14. RAF Defenders | 17 fish | 32lb 8oz